Drake Primary Governing Body
Drake Governors provide support and advice to the Senior Leadership Team as well as monitoring the school's achievements and challenging decisions.
* Overview and scrutiny of the management of the academy;
* Policy development for the academy where this has been delegated to us from the Trust; scrutiny of policy compliance by the academy where policy is set by the Trustees;
* Championship of the academy and its leaders;
* Engagement with the parents of pupils and the wider community.
We do this by:
* Holding 6 weekly meetings to discuss the school, its achievements and areas of need, the policies and
* Visiting the school and observing lessons and the school in action.
* Talking to the pupils, parents, and staff to find out their views.
* Attending training to extend our skills and knowledge.
From April 2017 we ceased the notion of committees and adopted a timetable of full governor meetings every 6 weeks where each governor can contribute to all areas of governance.
Who are the Governors
The Governing body is made up of up to 12 people. We currently have:
Head Teacher: Mr Roberts
The Chair of Governors is Mrs Janice Carr
2 Staff Governors (Appointed by the staff): Mrs Carroll and Miss Maher
4 Trust Governors (Appointed by the Trust): Mrs Carr, Mrs Evans, Mrs Palmer and Mr Redparth.
2 Parent Governors (Appointed by the parents): Mr Terry and Mr Morris.
All governors hold their office for 4 years but may be re-elected.
Mrs Carr: Janice is a parent of 3 children, 2 of which are at Drake and 1 has been through the school. She is a primary school teacher. She has been a governor for 10 years and chair for 7.
Mr Roberts: Joe is executive head at Drake and Morice Town. He has been at Drake for 8 years.
Mrs Carroll: Susie is Head of School at Drake and Morice Town. SHe has been at Drake for ? years.
Miss Maher: Pam is Office Manager at Drake. She has been at the school for ? years.
Mrs Evans: Hayley has 3 children, 1 currently at Drake, 1 who has left and 1 yet to join. She has extensive knowledge of managing a child an additional need. She has been a governor for ? years.
The governors can be contacted through the school office or via email at