Free school meals
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All pupils in Foundation, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to universal infant free school meals. This means they are entitled to a school meal each day at no cost.
Free School Meals
If you are in receipt of the following support payments, your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
- Universal Credit – from 1 April 2018 provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Children who get paid these benefits directly, instead of through a parent or guardian, can also get free school meals.
You can check your eligibility by completing an online form through Plymouth City Council. The link is:
Alternatively, please download the form below and return to the school office.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 307410 for more information.